Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Love and Environmentalism in Sunken Los Angeles

Title: Under the City of Angels
Author: Jerry Earl Brown
Published: 1981
Pages: 291

Reading Time:
January - February 2011.

Plot Teaser:
Jack Kelso is a scavenger, a half-crazed loner, a burnt-out case, always one jump ahead of the government, eking out an uneasy living in the sunken ruins of L.A. Then he meets Judith - mysterious, beautiful, driven - who offers him an assignment only "Mad Jack" Kelso would be crazy enough to take on. He takes the job, and gets love in the bargain. Suddenly, their newfound happiness, and perhaps the fate of the entire planet, is threatened by a deadly power strugle on an alien world light centuries away...

How I Got It:
I can not recall whether I bought this at a Value Village in Hamilton or Burlington, or at Barone's Books in Stoney Creek, ON. Regardless, I was swayed by the cover, the premise, and the cheap price. I am pretty sure I got this one in a 4 for $1 deal or something similar. I am a sucker for science fiction and for a good deal.

The Review:
Forthcoming.

The Verdict:
Forthcoming.

Up Next:
The Toynbee Convector by Ray Bradbury.

No comments:

Post a Comment